Saturday, July 31, 2010

Have You Ever Called Your Lover By Your Ex's Name?

---

Well, Su Jin did. Even worse, after saying, "I love you."

Su Jin got Alzheimer's disease.

Upon realizing that she had called her husband by her ex's name, Su Jin couldn't help it but cry uncontrollably. Few moments later, Chul Soo found their house empty and Su Jin gone. She had left a letter for him.

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
I never meant to break your heart.
God, what have I done?
Are you crying now?
I didn’t want to see you crying or in pain.
I wanted to make you happy.
But all I’ve done is put you in agony.
Chul-soo! Oh my love Chul-soo.
Don’t get me wrong.
I only love you and only you.
I only think of you. I only remember you.
How badly do I wish to show you my heart!
Is there any way I can do that while my memory remains?
Oh, how my heart races.
I, Kim Su-jin love you Choi Chul-soo, only.
I don’t want to forget that. And I must not.
Can you see that? Can you feel my heart?
I’m afraid my just-returned memory will leave me again….
Before I can tell you everything I have to say
I love you. And I’m sorry.
I met you because I was forgetful.
I’m leaving you because I’m forgetful.

You were the best thing that ever happened to me.
How thankful I am to God for having sent you as a gift to me.
I don’t have to remember you. You’re a part of me.
I smile, laugh, and smell like you do.
I might forget you but nothing can drive you out of my body.
Although you’ve never told me you loved me, I know deep in my heart that you love me.
Forgive me for leaving you.

I was sobbing while watching Chul Soo read this letter! This is one of my favorite parts of the movie.

If you were Chul Soo, what would you do? He stayed by her wife's side despite her progressing memory loss. With his wife in front of him and she staring at him like a total stranger, he couldn't help it but hide his tears by putting on his shades.

You better see A Moment to Remember -- my favorite Korean movie so far. ^^,


No comments: