Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wordful Wednesday: Life in the Train




*Wordful Wednesday is for those of us that like to showcase a photo(s) but that just can’t seem keep our mouths shut about it (them). - Seven Clown Circus.



LRT Line 1



This photo was taken just last Sunday on our way to
our niece's first birthday. The one standing is my brother-in-law while
the one holding the yellow box (with the cake in it) is my oldest sister.





I used to ride LRT line 1 a lot of times when I was a university student. I have been riding it not only on my way to the university but also as I go to DFCWHM. I used to ride it, too, on my way to my previous job. As of now, I use to ride MRT line 1 on my way to work.

Trains are convenient especially when we want to reach our destination fast. A one-hour trip by jeep going to the university is only a 15-minute ride by train. Compare the difference! I bet all will agree to this kind of convenience the trains give to us passengers.

But, I am also sure that all will agree that riding a train does not mean convenience all the time. Trains get jam-packed especially during rush-hour. Cramming myself in a full train in order not to be late to school or to be able to come home early was nothing but an ordinary part-of-life routine for me in the past. Let me share to you some of the memorable moments I had as a train passenger on a jam-packed train:

  • I got off the 15th station and I saw a young lady donned in nursing uniform climbing down the stairs...with just one slipper on. I asked her if it tumbled down the stairs so I could pick it up for her. Then she replied, "Hindi. Naiwan sa Monumento." (Nope. It was left at Monumento.) Do you know where Monumento is? Well, it is the first train station along LRT Line 1 (and we were in the 15th!).
  • For a reason I can no longer remember, I really wanted to go home right away at that time, so I got on the train ignoring the other passengers who were pushing me. After exerting much effort, I found the train running and myself standing right beside the train door. I felt relieved since I already got inside the train after waiting for so long. But, when the train doors opened as we arrived at the next station, I then noticed that my back pack was caught in-between the doors!
  • Can you imagine a four-footer lady having her neck trapped in-between the arms of two men as she was standing in the middle of the crowd inside the train while holding on the safety handrails? Those two men were also holding on the safety handrails but how come they didn't notice that I was already standing on my toes in order to keep myself breathing?! Well, I am now also wondering why I didn't find the courage to tell those two men to just find other handrails to hold on to. >_<

There you go! The picture is TOTALLY different from the stories I have mentioned here but does it matter? It's still a train. Hehe.


Wanna link your own Wordful Wednesday post? Oh, please do! Just type and add your link to MckLinky (which is below Angie's WW post) and, then, visit other wordful (or not so wordful) blog posts by clicking any name in the list. Make sure to leave some love, too! Comments! Comments! Comments! Who doesn't love comments? \(^^)/



1 comment:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Hopefully those two men didn't smell too bad while you were trying to hang on and breathe! :)