Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sa Hardin (In the Garden)


I am getting in love with hymns more and more. I find such songs solemn. The lyrics speak of love, especially God's love. Many of them were written over centuries ago but they are still being sung up to now.

One of my favorite hymns is "In the Garden" which was composed by C. Austin Miles. Lawreal likes it, too. I loved it even more when I heard its Tagalog version. Celia H. Marcelo did the translation. Here it goes:


Bago magbukang liwayway
Sa hardin ako tumutungo
Upang manalangin at marinig
Ang tinig ni Jesu-Cristo

Koro:
Sa aking puso'y
Nangungusap Sya
Aniya, "Ikaw ay akin";
Ang galak na aking nadarama,
Tunay at walang maliw.

Sa tinig Niyang kay tamis,
Kalikasa'y pumapayapa;
Pangungusap Niya ay kaaliwan
Sa aking puso at diwa.

(Koro)

Tunay na nasisiyahan,
Puso ko sa pananalangin;
Subalit Kanyang pinahahayo
Ako na nasa sa dilim.

(Koro)

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses

Chorus:
And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

(Chorus)

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.

(Chorus)

2 comments:

LawReal said...

thanks for sharing and for mentioning me :) galing ng picture ah..

~KATE~ said...

u are so welcome, Lawreal!
let us keep praising and worshiping! ^^